The Song Bridge Project welcomes submissions from most literary traditions and genre, translated from all languages. Our emphasis is on quality, both of the original work and the translation. We pride ourselves on our collaborative editorial environment, and welcome the contributions of our authors and translators to the process.
We accept submissions of previously unpublished, translated books of poetry, prose poetry, novels, creative nonfiction, short story collections, and book art projects. Submissions must include both the original language version, as well as the English translation. When considering our press for submission, please recall that we have a tradition of and maintain an emphasis on Spanish language literature. Further, we are inclined to nurture emerging authors and translators. Therefore, we discourage submissions of re-translations of previously published works, unless the submission is of unusual scholarly or literary merit. Further, anthologies and chapbooks in translation are special challenges—we recommend contacting us prior to formally submitting your proposal. Our press accepts submissions throughout the calendar year, from 1 January to 31 December. We appreciate the submissions of authors and translators and will do our very best to provide you with an editorial response within 3 months.
To submit, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following items:
- A cover letter not to exceed 1000 words, indicating the name of the author/poet, the name of the translator, biographical information for both, a description of the work positioning it within literary traditions, and, finally, a section that addresses the relevance and importance of the work.
- At least 30 pages of translated text for prose submissions
- For poetry, we prefer full book manuscripts
- Documents must be in Microsoft Word format.
- Please name the attachments: Author Last Name Cover Letter, Author Last Name Sample (ex. García Cover Letter)
Contributors are advised to secure copyright releases prior to submitting their manuscript and should be prepared to provide written verification on request. We accept electronic, simultaneous, and unsolicited manuscripts, but we do not accept self-translations.
We have suspended the receipt and reading of new manuscripts at this time; please check back with our website at a later date to see if we have resumed submissions.